Alex Lowy is an internationally recognized thought-leader specializing in the creation of innovative work, learning and information systems. He is co-founder and past president of Digital 4Sight, a global technology think tank and strategy-consulting firm with headquarters in Toronto, Canada. In 2004 he wrote The Power of the 2 x 2 Matrix (Jossey-Bass) with Phil Hood. In 2007, Alex released his latest book, No Problem, a guide to framing personal and business challenges and applying solutions appropriate to the level of the problem. He also co-authored two earlier best-selling business books, Digital Capital: Harnessing the Power of Business Webs (Harvard Business School Press, 2000), and Blueprint to the Digital Economy: Creating Wealth in the Era of E-Business (McGraw Hill, 1998) with Don Tapscott and David Ticoll. Alex is a sought after strategic advisor and educator, and has contributed award-winning articles to journals including Business 2.0, Training and Development, Strategy & Leadership, and the Journal for Group and Organizational Studies. In 2003 Alex formed the Transcend Strategy Group. He is a resident of Toronto, Ontario.
e-mail Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (416) 919-5144
Phil Hood has long moved between the worlds of media, entertainment and technology. He is the former executive editor of NewMedia Magazine, and a former contributing columnist to Wired. As the former Chief Executive Officer of Digital 4Sight, he directed a series of multi-year research studies that explored the links between emerging technologies and business ethics and strategy. In 2004, Phil authored a major study of self-organization as a method of content creation and production.
In addition to his role as a Principal at Transcend Strategy Group and CEO of Enter Music Publishing he serves in a variety of industry and civic groups. He is a member of the City of San Jose’s Diridon (High Speed Rail) Commission) and is President of the Delmas Park Neighborhood Action Coalition. In addition he is President of the Music Magazine Publishes Association and Development Coordinator of the Percussion Marketing Council. He also teaches strategy history and decision-making, and is an advisor to other companies inside and outside publishing. Phil lives in San Jose, California.
e-mail Phil at email@example.com
Phone: (408) 506-4349
Alan Hutton is an outstanding entrepreneur, excecutive and consultant who has served in a variety of firms. He currently serves on the investment review committees of NexGen Financial & Fiera Capital, a member of the advisory board of Skymeter Corporation and President of Virtual Corporation.
- Vice Chairman and Executive Director of the Canadian Capital Markets Association (CCMA), November 2007 to December 2008, Director of the CCMA from 2001 to 2008.
- Lead Director of the Board of Cygnal Technologies, and assisted in their CCAA restructuring process in 2008.
- President and CEO of FundSERV Inc, August 1st 2001 to September 1st 2007, retiring November 30th 2007, Director of FundSERV from 1998 to 2007.
- President and CEO of Star Data, March 1996 until its acquisition by CGI Group Inc. in January 2001, Director from 1992 to 2001.
- Member of a number of other public, private & NGO boards.
- A variety of technical, management and executive positions in the information technology industry with TIL Systems, Amdahl Corporation, Multiple Access and IBM.
- Graduate of the University of British Columbia in 1964, Bachelor of Applied Science.
- Commodore, vice president, director Muskoka Lakes Association
- President, director Canadian Coalition on Acid Rain
- Clean Air Advisory Board, Ontario Medical Association
- Applied Science Faculty Advisory Council, University of British Columbia
- Co-chair, Eglinton-St Georges United Church Capital Campaign
- Director, Kettles Swimming & Sailing Club
- Co-chair, Kettles Church Capital Campaign
- Coach, convenor North Toronto Hockey Association
Phone: (416) 464-7601
203 Cortleigh Blvd,
Toronto, ON, M5N 1P6,